Rope industry in Egypt is as old as our civilization.
Our ancestors had made the first rope in the world and it can be clearly seen in temples and pyramids.
• Canal Rope Company had been established by Suez Canal Authority in Port Said since 1963.
• In 1965 Start producing natural ropes from manila and sisal yarns and twins.
• In 1981 Start producing synthetic ropes and twins from polypropylene and polyethylene monofilaments in addition to polyamide ropes.
• In 1984 Canal rope Co. built new extension to install new production line for natural ropes and start manufacturing hand made products such as ladders, nets and hammock beds.
• In 1987 Canal rope Co. built new extension to install new production line for synthetic ropes to meet needs of markets.
• In 1995 Canal rope Co. Established new factory to install the biggest machine in world at that time to produce mooring ropes (8-Strands) from 40 mm up to 136 mm.
• In 2013 Canal rope company implemented a plan to renew Extruder production lines and machines to match the latest technology in rope industry by adding 16 twisting machines and 5 ropes machines.
• In 2018 Installed the biggest synthetic ropes production machine in the world to produce 4- strands ropes up to 52mm.
• In 2020 Obtaining ISO certificates in Quality, Environment and Health &Safety by UKAS accreditation.